Carlyle “Brick” Harris’ contributions to Chagrin Falls and its schools may have been second to none. He was chairman of the first zoning commission that drafted Chagrin’s original zoning ordinance in 1932. He was instrumental in establishing the Rec Center and the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre. He also helped secure the land which is now Riverside Park. His generosity, often anonymous, made child’s play in Chagrin Falls safer and more fun than it would have been otherwise. He paid for repairs and upkeep of the swimming pool and tennis courts at the Rec Center. In the 1960s, he and his sister, Madeline, made it possible for several improvements to be made to the football field, including the fence which surrounds it, new visiting team bleachers, and a press box. In 1936, Mr. Harris was elected to the Chagrin Falls Board of Education, on which he served for 20 years, 16 of them as president. He was assistant fire chief of the Chagrin Falls Volunteer Fire Department for more than 60 years. In 1967, the football field and stadium were named in his honor.