CHAGRIN FALLS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Our goal is to promote and support the general welfare of the Chagrin Falls Schools and to direct and coordinate alumni affairs by serving as a communication link between alumni and the school district.
The Chagrin Falls Alumni Association was revived in 1989 with the purpose of tracking former class members, aiding classes in holding reunions, supporting Chagrin Falls school activities and maintaining the image and traditions of the Chagrin Falls School District.
The Chagrin Falls Alumni Association operates under the guidance and leadership of a Board of Trustees and alumni officers in a partnership with the Chagrin Falls Schools’ Alumni Director, Mr. Brian McKenna (Class of 1988). The Association has several main standing committees: Scholarship, Hall of Fame and Social.
Since its founding, the Alumni Association has placed a memorial plaque at the high school’s library entrance in honor of those alumni who dedicated their lives in service of our country. Other plaques, which are located in the middle school, honor Alumni Association’s Life Members, known as the Tiger Pride Club. This club generates the resources for scholarships awarded to graduating seniors. The Alumni Association also has a 501©(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service which makes it a charitable organization for tax deduction purposes.
WHAT WE DO
- Awarded usually 4 $1000 scholarships annually to graduating seniors (around 150 scholarships since 1990);
- Published three Tiger Tales newsletters annually since 1991 (83 issues since January 1991);
- Maintain the Alumni Association website and social media accounts;
- Sponsor a Blossom weekend All-Class Reunion Party at the Town Hall annually with over 300 alumni attending;
- During high school commencement, present a flower for those who have a parent that graduated from Chagrin Falls High School (around 20% of the graduating class)
- Helped organize and support many class reunions;
- Conduct Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremonies;
- Host an annual alumni men’s soccer and baseball games; &
- Acquired and displayed more school memorabilia;
- Support other schools with establishing alumni associations. A helpful document on starting an alumni association can be found here.